25 January 2009

the first of many...

So, ladies and gentlemen... here is my first blog post!  It is almost 3 a.m. and I have nothing packed in my suitcase!  What can I say, I work well at the last minute and under pressure.  (The under pressure part will come tomorrow at around noon when my dad starts to worry if I will even make it to the airport on time and I am scrambling to get everything squeezed into my suitcase!)

I have been working hard today to get packed but there's a lot more that goes into all of this than just throwing a few outfits together... we're talking almost a whole year's worth of clothing.... yikes!  Plus I had to do some laundry and tidy up things so I don't leave my room a mess for my parents to look at for the next year.

... slowly, but surely it is coming together.  I really think at this point that I need to go to bed and get some rest so I can wake up and finish in the morning!

But first, I suppose I should fill everyone in on why I am starting this blog... I have a new job beginning on Monday!!  I am so excited about it!!  I will be working, or should I say 'werking' for a company called Marketing Werks, which is based in Chicago.  So tomorrow I fly to Chicago, Illinois for training and then I drive to New Berlin, Wisconsin for more training.  After training I will be doing promotions for Verizon Wireless all around the country for this whole year until November!!  (yes I know, total dream job)

I figured a blog would be the best way to stay in touch with my friends and family so everyone knows what's going on in my life!  

.... but for now I think it's time for me to call it a night, so to say goodnight I bid you ado with this song (thanks to Awad and Wyclef Jean).....



'See you must understand, I can't work a nine to five... so I'll be gone till November, said I'll be gone till November...
January, February, March, April, May.... I see you cryin' but girl I can't stay....'

1 comment: